Would You Like to Volunteer at Maverick Concerts?
Thank you for your interest in the volunteer program at Maverick Concerts. With thousands of visitors coming to visit us each year, we want to make sure their time here is pleasant and memorable! Our volunteers really have fun and they play a key role in the success of our award winning summer music festival. Maverick Concerts’ volunteer opportunities range from greeters, ushers, ticket takers, special event support, assisting at the snack bar during intermission, and helping with our youth programs and special promotions. Opportunities for volunteers are provided without regard to religion, creed, race, national origin, age, gender, disability or sexual orientation. This program is coordinated by Kitt Potter, Executive Director who can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complimentary admission to the concerts you serve which are presented by renowned performers from around the world. (Some conditions apply)
- An invitation to an exclusive reception for Maverick Volunteers
- Public recognition on our website and from the stage
- Networking opportunities to meet others and grow professionally
- Submit a completed application with emergency contact information
- All volunteers will be asked to participate in an orientation with the Executive Director which will cover procedures, logistics and emergency management.
- Maverick volunteers possess excellent communication skills with a professional demeanor and appearance, have positive attitudes, are willing to perform a variety of tasks and most importantly – are reliable and punctual.
- Must be diplomatic and take into consideration – the diverse populations that visit the concert hall and be gracious and accommodating to all patrons at all times.
- For the Young Mavericks Festival: Must be willing to interact and have patience with children ages 2-16.
- Volunteers are asked to arrive 1-1.5 hours before concert start time and if able, stay until the end of the concert.
- The commitment to volunteer at Maverick Concerts should be viewed as a professional position with the organization.
- Once accepted into the program, volunteers will be contacted by Kitt Potter, Scheduling Coordinator – Maverick Concerts who will go over the calendar of events and give you an opportunity to select the concerts you wish to serve. Once committed, please notify Kitt at email@example.com immediately if you are ever unable to serve.
- Extending a warm greeting to visitors as they come to the site, directing them to the restrooms, the ticket booth for will call or to purchase tickets, or to the line(s) if they have tickets.
- Hand out Maverick Chronicles, program notes, flyers, surveys and other collateral while patrons await entry.
- Escort ticketed patrons with walking aids and wheelchairs immediately to seats once performers have completed rehearsals.
- Once hall is opened, take tickets, issue handouts, and usher reserved seating patrons to their seats.
- During concerts, monitor the entryway ensuring late coming patrons do not enter while performers are in the middle of a selection, that no one obstructs the view of the outside seating area, and that no wine/beverages or food are allowed into the hall or outside seating areas.
- During intermissions, assist at the Snack Bar and help with special promotions.
- For the Young Mavericks Festival: Greet and engage children and families as they await entry and take cash and pass out flyers once hall is open; or assist with setting up and serving snacks for the children.
- For Special Events: Assist with set up, serving and break down.
- In all cases: Alert the Executive Director if a patron becomes unruly or refuses to follow house rules.
- In the Event of an Emergency: Call 911, notify the Executive Director or designee immediately and respond accordingly.