Part Time Employee
Maverick Concerts seeks a highly motivated self-starter with good organizational and follow-through abilities to implement and oversee all maintenance programs and procedures to support our facilities standards of clean, safe, and in aesthetically “show ready” condition.
Maverick Concerts is an experience of a lifetime. That’s the promise we have delivered to the nearly 6,000 annual patrons who now visit our award-winning 100 year old “music chapel”. The Facilities Maintenance Manager plays an integral role in ensuring the prime condition of our historic concert hall, facilities and grounds during the summer months as we present the most renowned performers from all over the world on our concert stage. Off-season, the manager keeps watch of the facilities and grounds to ensure all is well via by-weekly site checks. This is a great opportunity with primarily flexible hours.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- 2 years of experience in facilities maintenance.
- Six months of supervisory or commensurate leadership experience.
Requirements to be performed:
- Standing, walking, lifting, climbing ladders, and bending on a frequent basis.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and carry it up to 90 feet.
- Experience with facilities and grounds maintenance with strong leadership abilities
- Submit a complete application.
- Participation in an orientation with the Executive Director which will cover procedures, logistics and emergency management.
- Due to the sensitive nature of this position, as the primary hands-on caregiver of this National Historic Treasure, excellent communication skills, especially with regard to documentation, email messaging, text messaging, as well as the ability to carry out duties independently with precision are all requirements for this position.
- Must maintain a professional demeanor and image to Board Members, the Music Director, performers and patrons, as well as in coordination and cooperation with partners, vendors, workers, volunteers.
- Must be able to be diplomatic and take into consideration diverse populations who visit the Maverick Concerts hall as well as possible limitations of those that volunteer or work for Maverick Concerts.
- Work well with supervisors, peers, subordinates, guests, vendors.
- Strong communication skills including the ability to provide clear and concise details regarding building issues.
- Proven ability to lead teams and achieve results through resources.
- Demonstrated mechanical and carpentry aptitude preferred
- Pest control experience a plus.
- Perform regularly scheduled building and grounds inspections with a high attention to detail to identify necessary repairs.
- Oversee vendor activities that include repair and maintenance needs as required; closely monitor progress to ensure quality of work.
- Provide constant attention to all life safety issues; ensure building emergency systems are operational through in-house inspections and vendor maintenance contracts.
- Prepare the hall and grounds for the opening of the festival, maintain prime condition of the site and grounds on a weekly basis during the festival, and shut down the hall and grounds upon close of the festival.
- Assist with setting up and shutting down for special events
- Pickup and delivery of Maverick related publications
- Supervise and schedule Facilities Assistants
- Other duties as assigned or as need arises
- Year-Round with bulk of duties to be carried out from May-October.
- Off season duties can be provided at your own time as long as all required tasks are completed by deadline. In-Season, must ensure the hall and grounds are “show ready” with everything in working order by Friday evenings. Will be required to work some non-traditional hours in- season including some Saturday mornings/evenings or some Sunday mornings/afternoons which will be scheduled well in advance.
Position Reports to: Executive Director
Pay scale varies by task at hourly and/or flat rates.
Plus complimentary admission to select performances for you and 1 guest
Kitt Potter, Executive Director
firstname.lastname@example.org or 646.965.2365